Each user can enable, disable and modify their own auto-responder from their webmail interface.
Enabling the auto-responder would result in an automatic reply being sent out by the Email system as soon as an Email is received for that specific Email address. Here is what you need to do for setting an Auto responder message.
Here's how to change your password:
- Login to the webmail interface.
- Click Settings at the top of any webmail page.
- The General Settings tab will be auto-selected.
- Configure your Auto Responder message.
Auto-Responders are commonly used for the following:
- Vacation Messages: Notifying anyone that sends an Email to this address that the user to whom this Email was sent is currently out of office / town. For example - "I am currently out of the office and have limited access to Email. I will be back on Friday, 5th Oct. In case of any urgent work, you may contact Mr. Jack Sparrow at (144)-123-1961 in my absence."
- Delivery Confirmations: Notifying anyone that sends an Email to this address that their message has been received. For example, an auto-responder for a sales Email address - "Thank you for your Email. This is to confirm that your message has been received by us. We will be replying to you shortly."