To add a new mailing list -
- Go to Mail >> Add Mailing List in your control panel.
- Provide a name for your mailing list, e.g. announcements.
- Specify access regulations for the mailing list. These include:
- Who can join the list - you can choose to let anyone subscribe to the list, or only allow those subscribers that are approved
by a moderator
- Who can post to the list - you can choose to let anyone send messages to the list, or restrict posting privileges to list members or just moderators
- Who receives replies to messages on the list - you can choose to let replies go to the original sender, or the entire list.
Alternatively, you could specify a different email address that receives all replies.
- Specify at least one moderator for the mailing list. A moderator is a privileged user who generally controls activities on the mailing list. The responsibilities of a moderator may include regulating subscriptions to the list, reviewing and filtering message postings on the list etc.
- Click on Add Mailing List.
Once your mailing list is successfully added, you may want to add subscribers to this list. Click here to learn how.